All UNSW School of Art & Design students are encouraged to study internationally during the course of their degree at one of our more than 200 international partner institutions located all over the world.
International Exchange Program
UNSW School of Art & Design has active exchange agreements with the following institutions, among others:
- Canada - Nova Scotia College of Art and Design
- China - Central Academy of Fine Arts
- Germany - Bauhaus-University Weimar
- Germany - Berlin University of the Arts
- Germany - University of Media Art and Design Karlsruhe
- Netherlands - Willem de Kooning Academy
- United Kingdom - Glasgow School of the Arts
- USA - Alfred University
- USA - School of the Arts Institute of Chicago
Are you a UNSW School of Art & Design student keen to join an international exchange program? This makes you an outbound exchange student.
Are you already studying for an undergraduate degree outside Australia in one of UNSW's partner universities internationally and want to come to UNSW School of Art & Design? This makes you an inbound exchange student.
Professional Practicum Program
Are you a postgraduate research student at one of UNSW's international partner universities? You may consider The Professional Practicum Program.
If you are an international student, but are not at one of UNSW's partner universities you can still come to UNSW School of Art & Design!
UNSW Paris Studio
UNSW maintains a studio in the prestigious Cité Internationale des Arts in Paris.
- UNSW academic staff and post-graduate research students in design, visual and performing arts are eligible to apply for a 3 month residency.
- The Cité Internationale des Arts is a non-profit international art centre, maintained by the French government to provide studio accommodation for artists and scholars to develop their studio and research projects.
- The Cité Internationale des Arts is located in the heart of Paris, on the right bank of the Seine, opposite the Isle St Louis, in an area known as Le Marais.
Two successful research candidates from UNSW School of Art & Design are eligible to receive the Ross Steele Cité Internationale des arts scholarship of $8,000 to assist with the residency.
Applications can be downloaded below.
For further information on the Paris residency:
Dr Vaughan Rees, Associate Dean (International)
Tel: +61 2 9385 0623
International Industry Experience
Many UNSW School of Art & Design programs feature industry placements which can be taken internationally or within Australia.
- Bachelor of Design students have worked in Hong Kong and the Netherlands as part of their degrees.
In this cross-disciplinary initiative students to travel to cities all over the world to explore different urban centres and collaborate with other Fine Arts, Design, and Digital Media students. All UNSW School of Art & Design students are invited to apply for the Porosity Studio. In the Porosity studio program, students form a think tank to investigate public spaces along side professional practitioners.
Porosity Studios students have visited international cities such as:
- Beijing, China
- Milan, Italy
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- Rotterdam, Holland
- Cardiff, Wales
For General Advice on International Exchange:
UNSW International Office
Ph: +61 2 9385 3179
Fax: +61 2 9385 5927
Visit: Room G30, Ground Floor, Goodsell Building F20
The University of New South Wales