UNSW Galleries is seeking a dynamic person interested in public galleries and art museums for an internship.
This internship provides an opportunity for a student with experience and interest in working with archives and with a focus on visitor experience to work closely with the UNSW Galleries team.
- Interest/experience in exhibition and artwork archiving processes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be available to work in the office 2 days per week (one of these days will be a Saturday)
Tasks & Duties:
- Develop an exhibition archive for UNSW Galleries exhibitions
- Organise historic Ivan Dougherty Gallery archives, including slides, publications and media
- Support curatorial team as required
- Assist the Gallery and Events Administrator to develop the forthcoming exhibition opening night events, provide customer service to gallery visitors and support general operations of the Gallery.
Internship applications are now open. To apply please email your expression of interest and your CV to Susan Thompson, UNSW Galleries, Gallery Manager by 5pm Friday 30 June.