The Creative Robotics Lab has 3 leading research focuses:
- Assistive Technologies, led by Dr. Scott Brown
- Creative Communities, led by Dr. Deborah Turnbull Tillman
- Human Futures, led by Professor Mari Velonaki
Founded in 2011 by Professor Mari Velonaki, the lab provides a structured environment that facilitates the creation of experimental interfaces that promote interactivity in physical spaces.
The inhomogeneous nature of interdisciplinary research demands dedicated spaces that provide appropriate technological infrastructure and a nurturing intellectual environment that encourages experimentation and appreciates the value of unpredictable outcomes. CRL’s close partnerships with the below collaborators to bring diverse expertise in sensing, perception, artificial intelligence and real-time systems, together with a long track record of fully engaged collaboration between media arts and robotics.
- The University of Sydney's Australian Centre for Field Robotics
- UNSW's Computer Science and Engineering
- UNSW's Ageing Futures